Since 1942, Northlands Rescue Mission has been a place where hope begins for homeless men and women. Some once lived productive lives but fell victim to tragic circumstances that eroded their independence. Others come from backgrounds that never afforded them an opportunity to build a foundation for stable living. Regardless of what brings them to our doors, we welcome them with acceptance and understanding. And through our Christ-centered ministry we help Rescue, Rebuild and Restore their lives to wholeness.
We Rescue men and women from the streets and other emergency situations, and children from not getting enough food at home.
- Safe clean beds and wholesome meals for homeless men and women in our shelter.
- Showers, personal-hygiene items and suitable clothing.
- Christian coaching and case management.
- Daily meals for the homeless on the streets, food boxes for struggling families, and take-home bags for school-age students through our Kids+ Program.
- Assistance in obtaining birth certificates, driver’s licenses and other legal documents
- Referrals to resources for managing special medical and legal issues
- Life-skills classes, goal setting and other adult education courses
- Computer training and employment-search assistance in our Kick Start Lab
- Professional guidance from a trained advocate life coach
- Bible classes, spiritual guidance and church attendance
- Assistance in securing employment and long-term housing
- Help with household goods for re-establishing a home
Throughout all phases of our life-transforming programs, the Mission shares the Good News of Jesus Christ through spiritual guidance, Bible studies and prayer, and association with local church congregations.
Our commitment to provide opportunities for our community to love and serve people in need is what fuels our Volunteer Program. It is not only necessary for our programs to continue, it is a high calling of ours.